Sunday, February 26, 2012

Cowboy Up

Took a long bike ride out on the dirt roads yesterday to meet up with this guy.


Was glad to see he survived this week's Wind Fest.

I was hoping for a 3 hour ride which was already ambitious but it looked doable when I arrived at The Cowboy after 1 hour 25 minutes but with 10 miles to go on the way home the winds picked up, 30 mph with some 44 mph gusts.  I was getting blown all over the place, a little scary but I managed.  The final few miles were uphill, straight into the wind and I kept telling myself it was good training.  But in the end the ride took 3 hours, 20 minutes and I was sore.  Hoping to get in a long run today but we'll see.

Anyway it was a beautiful day, warm and sunny, I could taste spring in the air.  Even saw a Meadowlark.





Looks like my friend had a successful Valentine's Day.


1 comment:

  1. I love finding kitchy things as I go out and about. Thanks for the reminder that there are a couple of oddball things around here that I need to go shoot.

    ReplyDelete